Friday, February 1, 2013

4F Cooking Home:Belgian Homemade Cuisine










Today I've got an exciting post to share with you guys! I went to a Belgian cuisine class the other day and that was totally a blast! Before signing up for that class,I was hesitating between a Thai cuisine class and the Belgian one, but I'm so glad that I made a good choice!I've learned so much and I will practice those fantastic dishes soon!

The class was about a four-course meal, which included shrimp-stuffed tomatoes, Carbonnades flammandes ( sorry, I can't figure out nor find the name in English), Flemish style of cabbage with puréed potatoes, and Brussels waffles.

Since there're loads of things to talk about for those recipes, I'm going to skip it here and talk more about my thoughts. To begin with, I finally got the secret of making the tomatoes dish. I tried it before, but it was a fiasco. The key is that you have to smear some balsamico inside out the tomatoes before putting them into the oven. Then, I'd prefer to make it as a cold dish. This time,the teacher made it as a cooked one, since it's winter time.I like it being fresher which the shrimps stuffing is like a salad.

What impressed me the most in this class was the onion garnish. It was way beyond my expectation! The flavor was extremely intriguing. It was between a savory dish and a dessert. The moment you had it in your mouth, you could taste the sweetness, followed by the aroma of onion without any pungent taste, and ended up with a scent of caramel. Brilliant!

However, my tiny disappointment was the waffles. When I told my belgian friend about this class, she and I both got really excited about the waffles. I'd say the culprit was the strawberries. The strawberries were just ok, they were not sweet or juicy enough. I mean, the dressing we used was semi-sweet chocolate ( I suppose so,at least it was not super sweet.), so I think if the other choice were banana, it would be much better!

Ah! Last but not least, I used to hate beer,but during the class,we were offered to try some belgian brown beer. It completely changed my opinion of beer! It was more like Karamalz with a slight taste of alcohol. I had no idea that beer could actually be this good!

If you are in Taipei and happen to be a foodie, you should definitely check this place:


4F Cooking Home





16 comments:

  1. I love your post! Thanks for your comment!! I follow you via GFC, I hope you follow me back ;D

    big kisses!!! see you soon!

    LIPS CHIC
    lipschic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 courses in one class? Do you eat all of that?? I don't cook, but this looks amazing. I happen to love beer...and am happy you have found a new liking to it. Also, thanks for visiting my blog!

    Best,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cooking class sounds so much fun! thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    & Pretty Things

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea to take that type of class! You've inspired me to take one! I would like to learn Thai cooking!!
    (='.'=)
    -Lauren at adorn la femme
    http://adornlafemme.blogspot.com(='.'=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! You're blog is awesome :) I love the photos. What about following each other? Also on bloglovin, facebook and even lookbook if you want...just let me know :3 <3


    NEW POST UP!

    www.theproverbs.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. all of those dishes sound delicious! I've always wanted to take a cooking class... kudos to you for signing up!

    breathing-easy.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW looks delicious! Yummmmmm :)

    WITH LOVE,
    LINSEY / POSE-BLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a friend from belgium and now that I see all these yummy food next time I got to see her I'm gonna make her cook all this deliciousness for me!!!!!! :D

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have such a lovely blog! this are such amazing photos and you made me so hungry now!, the food looks so delicious!
    and i'll be so happy if you could check out my blog:
    http://herlifeinstyle.blogspot.com

    by the way, have a great day!♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belgian, I don't think I ever had anything before. I was thinking to get some cooking classes too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and please don't hesitate to leave your comments ♥

I speak Chinese, English, French, Spanish and Swedish. So feel free to leave your comments in those languages! I'd be happy to read them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...