Saturday, September 15, 2012

Falafel in Paris





What I like about living in a big city is,there're always so many different things to eat.As with Paris,other than its parisian cafés and bistros,paris is also well-known for its diversity.

It is said that L'as du Fallafel is the best falafel in Paris,or possibly,in the world.Given its high reputation,I went straight to that place as soon as I got off the TGV in Paris.Unfortunately,it was closed on that day.Instead,I tried another falafel just in front of L'as du Fallafel and that one was incredible!

Now,you might be wondering what a falafel is.It's a traditional Arabic food,which is composed of deep-fried balls made from chickpeas,salad,sauce and pita.So basically it's a vegetarian dish,that's why I was so amazed by its flavor and texture.The chickpea balls were not oily and the pita was quite chewy.I just bought a falafel and sat on the street like everyone else did.It was such a relaxing thing to do,just eating great food and watching people come and go on the street.

After a couple of days,I went back to L'as fu Fallafel.I did try it,but to my surprise,I found the previous one was more tasty.Well,I guess every man has his taste.If you have enough room for falafel,you can try them both!



24 comments:

  1. Never heard of a falafel before, looks tasty
    Check out my jewellery suggestions for fall:http://asparklyhanger.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! The falafel looks delicious!

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, ah.. Nothing beats a good falafel! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, now you have me craving falafel! Too bad, I have yet to find a superb falafel place, even in New York City...


    Stop by!
    http://hereaway.blogspot.com
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/LuxeRomantic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos, especially the way you've done the colouring and lighting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love falafel. For some reason it never occurred to me that they might even have it in Paris, but duh, there is the city's huge Arab population. And it's not like falafel is strictly a Jewish food--though it sometimes seems that way in New York.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful blog and that food looks so delicious!

    Xx
    Esther

    http://www.estellelamode.com/cobalt-by-the-marina/#

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love if you visited my blog at http://estarer.blogspot.com/
    Let me know, if you would like to follow each other on Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Paris! NY is my home but its always nice to go to France. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh oui c'est trop bon tu me donnes envie d'en manger

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are doing the best here, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yum yum! Falafel is my fave- love it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome blog!! That looks delicious :D
    Follow each other?
    xo

    glamDevils

    ReplyDelete
  14. I, too, am a big fan of falafels, though my favourite Paris Arabic fast food restaurant used to be in La Marais (and is closed now).
    When homesickness threatened to overwhelm me after moving on to college in Germany, I firtunately found a similar shop in my uni town and now everytime I feel down, I go there... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks good!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yummie, I love falafel! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and please don't hesitate to leave your comments ♥

I speak Chinese, English, French, Spanish and Swedish. So feel free to leave your comments in those languages! I'd be happy to read them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...