Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Crystal Spoon







Here comes the summer time!The weather has been hot and humid for quite a while,which really drives me crazy.Don't get me wrong,I love summer and I love sunshine,but humidity is definitely not a good thing!In the meanwhile,I'm chased by endless tests and piles of homework.It's like I'm going to be physically and mentally worn out,but at least there's something which keeps me going.That's right,the summer vacation!I can't help being excited on hearing that pleasing word!Yay!Two more weeks to go!

The subtropical weather curbs my appetite,so I usually goes with cold food,such as sushi and sandwiches lately.Since I was going to have an interview last weekend,my friend and I just randomly picked a place to dine,and we thought Thai food might be a good option.However,it turned out that the food was not as refreshing as I'd expected.I still don't like the fried shrimp cake.Due to its pretty appearance,I thought I was going to change my mind.The chicken and the green papaya salad were fine,but they weren't worthy of that price.Besides,the decoration of the green papaya salad was bad,since there was a piece of fake leaf,which looked pretty cheap.

I just thought of an interesting fact about fried shrimp cakes.Truth is,there's no fried shrimp cake in authentic Thai cuisine.That's some kind of Taiwanese invention.I nearly can guarantee that every Thai restaurant has that dish in Taiwan.The funny thing is,given the fact that Thailand is a popular tourist attraction for Taiwanese people,there will be quite a few people that visit the country and choose this particular dish.I've heard that to cater to our partiality for this fare,some restaurants in Thailand have started to sell fried shrimp cake!


Crystal Spoon

Tel:02-8772-5006
Add:10F,No. 300,Sec.3,Zhong Xiao E. Rd,Taipei,Taiwan



30 comments:

  1. I'm so in love with your blog, my love :). It is always good to find new bloggers. I am now following. I hope you can check out mine: http://theproverbs.net and FOLLOW. Thank you for your time and God Bless!

    steven 0:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The taiwan/thai cuisine bit reminds me of two foods that are bit of lies. French fries originated in Belgium, and fortune cookies are an American invention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh, all of this food looks absolutely scrumptious!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh thanks for the comment. glad you like them.
    the food looks too good







    isabelle
    drinkteabecontent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those foods look so yummy!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks sooo goood! It makes me hungry haha. XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. everything looks soo yummyyy and that lamp is wonderful :D

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blog.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!

    I would like to kindly invite you enter my Vj Style giveaway, I would really appreciate!

    http://memyselfandmycloset.blogspot.it/2012/05/vj-style-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lols, well I think Thailand
    should thanks Taiwan for
    inventing the 'Shrimp Cake'
    :P

    Lovely, hungry making
    pictures again!

    xx ♥ http://icepandora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The food looks so delicious Valerie!!! xx

    The Golden Bun | new post | follow me

    ReplyDelete
  12. These pics are amazing and the food just looks so yummy and salivating <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much ! <3

    the food looks so delicious ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a very interesting fact! And I never knew that before! Sorry it wasnt as refreshing as you hoped that it would be!

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanx girl, and great pics! The food makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks just delicious! I have never had Thai food before, I just realized.. Definitely have to change that!
    What would you recommend to me?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Looks super delicious! I've never had fried shrimp cake before but I want to try it out next time I go to Thai restaurant. I love shrimp! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Valerie :) No I haven't dyed my hair, it just looks very light in that photo =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yummy!
    I love the chandelier! SO chic!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  20. It felt so humid here last week! I'm sort of glad that the weather has cooled down, even if it means the sun isn't out anymore!

    Exactly like me, I've been eating more cold foods. I've been making egg and cress sandwiches a lot with salad rather than hot dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That looks so delicious!!
    great pictures

    LOVE,
    PurePreciousPerfection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. would like to eat that now! Yum..
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. looks delicious!

    xx

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yummy!! I like your blog! Hope you'll visit mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the candelier!
    Please check out my blog too at Miss Tangerine :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. looks great grl!


    xo Nicol
    check, I think you'll like it:
    www.fashiontnt.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and please don't hesitate to leave your comments ♥

I speak Chinese, English, French, Spanish and Swedish. So feel free to leave your comments in those languages! I'd be happy to read them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...