Sunday, April 15, 2012

Japanese Eel Rice



People change,so does my preference for food.I wasn't that into rice for years.If there were options,like noodles,bread,potato and rice,the last thing I'd choose was rice.I even couldn't explain it,but I have no idea since when,my stomach has started to crave for rice.

Speaking of Japanese cuisine,it's easy to come up with sushi and seafood.According to my observation,I seldom see eel rice listed on menu in America or Europe.This restaurant I went today sells the best eel rice here in Taipei.You always have to queue in line for at least twenty minutes even during weekday.Lots of tourists go there as well.When I was lining up,I could hear different languages around me,English,Japanese and Korean,to name a few.

The key factor which makes their eel rice so popular,I would give the credit to the eel they choose.Instead of frozen eel,they cook fresh one.Besides,they make the fishbone really tender,so basically you don't have to pay attention to picking the fishbone,while having the yummy dish.

There're almost no room for improvement.But I'd say that the rice can be more tasty.Covered with the amazing eel sauce,it's no problem to eat up the rice.However,without the sauce,I really doubt it. 

If you are frightened by the snake-looking of eel,I'd say don't judge a book by its cover.It doesn't taste as it looks.You'll gonna be surprised!


xx


肥前屋
Add:No 13-2,Lane 121,Sec 1,Zhongshang N. Rd,Taipei,Taiwan
(No reservation.You just have to wait wait......and wait!)




33 comments:

  1. I love love love Japanese foood ! and now your post just make me hungry haha <3

    http://thegirloftheunknown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I go to a Japanese restaurant, I always scan their menu for BBQ eel and rice! It is so delicious when it is fresh :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merci Valérie! :)
    à toi aussi (l)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks appetizing!


    Nathalie
    http://nathaliecalifornie.blogspot.com/

    My first blog Giveaway: http://nathaliecalifornie.blogspot.com/2012/04/mary-see-concours-carte-cadeaux.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already saw it one instagram, i've never eaten eel before, but it looks good! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. nom nom nom! that look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never tried eel and I would love to try it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. nom nom yum yummm!!! i think it's deliciousoooo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We hope to taste this king of cuisine!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i always feel guilty when I choose pasta or noodles over rice. it's very healthy. I usually fry it on vox with small amount of butter and add lot of veggies.
    this meal on the photo looks so tasty. I am really hungry now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUM love eel rice <3 so good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. as always I have to say "yummyyyy" hahaha
    and thanks for your compliments about the pictures!!! are taking with my blackberry but I added them some color here in the computer :P
    xx

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks deli!
    xx s
    www.my-philosophie.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of this is tasty and healthy! Love that kind of combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really not a fan of rice either. I don't mind it, but I'd never willingly cook it (unless it's risotto, different story). This looks yummy though

    ReplyDelete
  16. mm Japanese food is the best! Great blog:)

    http://canvasofculture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yummy! :)

    I invite you to
    http://fashion-whoknow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks delicious!
    www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can you find or Do you know any authentic Opera cake in Taipei?
    I MISS that taste so much. <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. My favorite kind of food. Simple, but sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  21. eel is one of my favorite food.love it.

    http://umi-fashionstyle.blogspot.jp/

    ReplyDelete
  22. that looks really yummy. i didn't used to eat eel and thankfully snapped out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. YUMMMMMMMM! SUSHIIIIIIIIIIII!
    What a cute blog idea!

    I am following you GFC! I hope you can check out my blog and follow me back too- and if you have any feedback you can share with e I would appreciate it because I am always looking to improve :)

    God bless and happy tuesday
    christine
    www.beyoutifulhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and please don't hesitate to leave your comments ♥

I speak Chinese, English, French, Spanish and Swedish. So feel free to leave your comments in those languages! I'd be happy to read them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...