Monday, March 5, 2012

International Snacks Feast-Austria(4)









A yellow box just hit my mail box the other day.It's always an exciting thing to open up a parcel.Surprisingly,this is the very first time that the package and the items inside are both safe and sound,without any damage!It seems like the Austrian paper box is strong enough to stand wear and tear!

Friederike is an Austrian girl,who joined International Snacks Feast.Truth is,I just LOVE those snacks she sent me!No kidding,I feel like I'll definitely gain many pounds,if I move to Austria.Usually,I'm not that into snacks,but those Austrian snacks are really tasty.

The first one is Mozartkugeln.It's probably the most famous Austrian snack ever!Friederike is very thoughtful.She said that she'd already seen a post on my blog about that,so she decided to sent me a mini version!That's cute!I've never seen a mini one here.She also told me an interesting fact that this chocolate comes from Salzburg,a beautiful city,where is also the famous movie "The Sound of Music" took place.

Then,there're wafers!Friederike said that they're extremely famous in Austria.There's even a huge "Manner" shop in the center of Vienna,right next to the emblem of the city,the "Stephansdom."I think they're the best cookies I've ever tasted!My friend and I are both like,OMG these are sooooo good!The wafers are filled with hazelnut cream,which is pretty like Nutella!

The red pack of snacks are called "Dragee Keksi."They're cookies covered with chocolate.It has been an classic Austrian snack since 1974.People,including Friederike,love it since their childhood!It's a yummy chocolate snack,I just can't help having another and another bite,upon typing this post.

Besides,there're three little jars of jam.They're too beautiful to be consumed!"Staud's Vienna"is an old traditional Viennese brand.According to Friederike,jam is frequently used in Austrian kitchens,you need it to make many well-known desserts or just smear it and butter together on a bread.The thing is worth mentioning is those jams she sent me have some pictures on the top of each jar.Those beautiful pictures  are from the painter,Gustav Klimt,who is known for the renowned painting "The Kiss."

The yellow pack is a Viennese pastry.It's not actually a pastry,but more like meringue.It's made in Vienna and Friederike's mom is crazy about it!It can always be seen at traditional Christmas markets or festivals in Vienna.I don't know how to precisely describe its flavor,it's really sweet,and really sweet,and really sweet.Hahah I guess I really need a cup of tea!The sweetness is such a novelty for me!

As you can see,there's a small bottle of little pickles and salami-to-go.Friederike was like,they taste great together,so she just sent both of them to me!Austrian people love those pickles a lot and eat them with a variety of food,like their famous sausages!I've seen the salami-to-go here,but this's the first time I taste it.Indeed,you have to eat the salami with the pickles,they're indispensable to each other!

In a nutshell,this exchange is AWESOME!!!!!Each of the snacks surprised me and those things Friederike told me let me know more about the Austrian common sense.That's pretty cool!Aw btw,I'll go to Austria someday soon for the Manner Wafers!I'm serious!




51 comments:

  1. I'd like to try those!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wafers. It was the only thing I used to eat all day when I was a kid. My mom wasn`t too pleased with that though hahah.xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I was really scared that something might brake, after I read about the ants on your last snacks...:S Haha, Austrian boxes are the best! :)
    I'm so happy you liked the snacks!! When you come to Vienna, the first thing I'll show you is the Manner-Shop! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely gift these look interesting! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey! I only discovered your blog today but I really like it! :)
    I must say it's really interesting and this is a first blog of this kind that I came across. :) so cool! :)
    I'm your newest follower! :)

    xoxo
    Karola
    karolasway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks delicious! Yummy!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the comment. I just woke up and your images are making me sooo hungry:) we can visit each other more often by following each other correct? ;p

    www.urbanfashionartist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks soooo good! you are lucky :)

    Xxx

    http://llikemyswag.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look interesting and I bet they're pretty tasty! How funny "keksi" means cookie in Finnish too!

    Bisous, Sara
    champagneandcedarwood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. great goodies :)

    www.styleinsmalltown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. look delicious
    Christy

    http://am2pmchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those snacks look really nice! Hopefully you can stop by my blog sometime too!

    www.raindropsofsapphire.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. hm i want to taste all of them

    ReplyDelete
  14. YUM i want some chocolate now -____- haha.


    everythingmingi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Exchanging snacks from other countries sounds like such a fun idea!
    The snacks look so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow but that's stunning!!
    IF U WANT TO VISIT MY BLOG STREET CHIC http://chicstreetchoc.blogspot.com/
    U CAN ALSO FIND ME ON FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/pages/Street-Chic/126609910754628

    ReplyDelete
  17. 私はあなたのポストが大好き!私は、あなたが私のブログotをチェックすることが大好きだ!

    http://fashionblends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you :)
    Hehe, what should I say now? The exchange sounds truly amazing. I love this post (obviously).
    I don't think you would gain a lot of weight, I'm not obese and I love that stuff ;)
    It's quite funny that everyone always talks about "The Sound of Music". Most Austrians haver never seen that movie, me neither :D I don't even know what it's about. I walked past the Manner-Store just yesterday, never been inside, though, but it looks really cute (you can even buy pink Manner shirts).
    Thanks for reminding me that I need to buy Dragee Keksi, I love them but didn't eat any in a while.
    Oh god, I loved Knabbernossi when I was little, but I don't eat a sausages, salami or the like any more.

    And you better not keep it a secret if you come to Austria :P

    PS: I've been out and about in the city these past few days and I've taken pictures. I'm planning to post them soon :)

    Hugs from Vienna
    xx


    http://golden-mirrors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sooooo yum! Midnite munchies for days! Can you send me some to SoCal Val? :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such thoughtful comments, hope you’ll be back to see my latest designs!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love trying different international snacks, the first one sounds delish! I'm loving your blog girl, I'm your newest follower! I hope you'll follow me back and we can keep in touch. I love discovering new blogs!

    Sarah xoxo
    http://pandorasboxblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. love it. i like so much your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I want to have international snacks!
    I am surprised those jam in glass survived :o
    I woudn't even dare to send anything in glass...

    @Reply: go to nightmarket tonight! You will love it :)
    guarantee! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. So yummi!
    Les gaufrettes à la noisette on l'air délicieuses!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. yummi! delisious choice :)

    same-but-diffrent.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks goood! The International Snack Feast is such a great idea of you. And I will mail you tonight, I've been so busy these past two days. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  26. oeh another delicious looking post!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  27. i'm obsessed with those wafers! When my bf went to Austria, he brought back a huge tin full of them and i ate them all within a week! xox

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yes! Those wafers are the BEST. I can live off those. xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. The Dragee Keksi's sound interesting; cookies in chocolates? YES PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  30. mozart chocolate again! mmm love it :D
    xx

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Almost everything looks good - except the last one! Haha :D I do not like pickles :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Mmmm, some of this stuff looks yummy. I'd love to try it all x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Everything looks so good! I love snacks from all over. The exchange sounds like a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yummy! the first snack looks gooooooddd !:)

    www.mymymode.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. First of all, happy belated blog anniversary! I'm always amazed by your ability to find the most amazing snacks/food...it looks (and I'm sure it is) delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  36. omg feast is such an amazing idea!

    ReplyDelete
  37. These snacks look soooooo good!


    Dagmara
    http://skippedbreakfast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I bought Mini Mozartkugeln yesterday :p Yum.
    Maybe I manage to watch "The sound of Music" one day ;)
    I have one Vienna post left. Oh, and your travel plans sound amazing!
    xx

    http://golden-mirrors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Yummy!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://styleblenderla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and please don't hesitate to leave your comments ♥

I speak Chinese, English, French, Spanish and Swedish. So feel free to leave your comments in those languages! I'd be happy to read them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...