Sunday, March 25, 2012

Daim!


Judging from title "Daim (pronounced "Dime"),"you might be curious about what it is.I heard it from a friend.She told me that's a typical Swedish candy and she actually had some daim in her house,so she just gave me some!Given the fact that I'm so stuck on anything about Sweden and this's a food blog,I was thrilled to know it!

Here's a confession:I would say blame the "drop (the notorious Holland candy)".I know that it has nothing to do with daim,but it really casts a shadow on me in some way,when it comes to foreign candies.So when my friend told me about daim,I was like"Ah,ok,it sounds interesting,I'd love to try it!"But I couldn't help associating daim with drop!When I got home,I looked at the pack of daim,thinking it's no harm to give it a shot.Then I took one,it really surprised me!If drop is like the hell,daim is definitely the heaven.Sorry Dutch people!I think I was awfully frightened by drop.Haha The point is,daim tastes good!!!

Daim is like a almond toffee covered with milk chocolate.It didn't seem to be a novelty for me.It's probably because I've tasted almond toffee and milk chocolate before.This time,it's just like combining those things together!I was googling daim,and found out that it's always available at IKEA.If you're around,you should get one to try.It's not like a refined chocolate,but it's more like a tasty pastime candy.I almost can guarantee that you won't be disappointed.


xx



33 comments:

  1. We have them in England and I love them
    Following

    NRC ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you speak a little swedish? How awesome isn't that.. :) tack så mycket sötnos(thank you so much sweetie) for your lovely comment on my blog! I love daim too =)

    - Victoria
    www.Vickkitas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha aaw I was so happy to see you eat this, I don't know if you remember but the cake I made and put a picture of on my blog had Daim on it! :) I'm not a huge fan but it's pretty good.

    I should send you some other swedish candy, you need to try Marabou chocolate, it's SO typically swedish!

    xoxo Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of drop either and a few years ago when we were in Sweden I tasted Daim too! And I loved it, too bad you can't find it in Belgium. Or maybe that's a good thing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daim is so delicious, i LOVE IT! We have chocolate bars with Daim here, it's soo yummy. And drop.. You hate or love it haha. XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm half Swedish and addicted to Daim! Love it sooo much!
    Wanna follow echother,
    visit/follow my blog
    www.jazzybelleslife.com

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious! Check my blog and follow me if you want! I`ll follow back :X

    Fashionspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! :)

    I invite you to
    http://fashion-whoknow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. the food in sweden is amazing!!! I couldn't stop eating during summer!! hahaha
    xx

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never eat them but i have to try ;) looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. so pretty!! cute blog <3 would you maybe like to follow each other? this would be awesome :)
    have a nice day!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! I get sick with daims last time.. I adore them so so much.. too much really!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Daim. They have in Ikea a sort of frozen chocolate cake with Daim pieces. It`s HEAVEN!

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh, I must try these. They sound so delicious. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. oohh maintenant j'ai trop envie d'en manger c'est malin haha :p

    Ps : je suis nouvelle sur la blogo viens faire ta curieuse !

    http://secretsdenantaise.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never tried a Daim before!
    I thought it has a caramel flavor
    candy or something...

    I'm from Holland and yeah I know
    alot of people from outside
    doesn't like 'drop' very much.
    You have alot of type of 'drop'
    aswell such as sweet, sour and
    flavors as in honey, mint, or
    even combined: half drop and
    gummy c:

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute post, fantastic blog!!

    http://chicgeekblogger.blogspot.com/

    Please take a minute to look at my trunkshow;

    http://iouproject.com/tsh/jessica-karen/

    ReplyDelete
  18. i like so much the way you do your job here simple and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha, I grew up eating drop, it depends on what kind though! Some are really not edible, but they had a super salty one that was sooo good. Anyways enjoy Daim, I love it :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. i really love this, what a great blog you've got!

    -COSMICaroline
    www.COSMICaroline.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You always find the most amazing goodies! One of these days Ima have to hunt down these puppies in the states...so delish and I have major sweet teeth!

    Thanks for visiting and leaving such awesome comments, hope to see you back soon!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Merci! <3 C'est trop bon les Daim! :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. My husband bought me a bag of these when he was in Sweden- they are so yum!

    Sarah
    www.tellhershesdreaming.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and please don't hesitate to leave your comments ♥

I speak Chinese, English, French, Spanish and Swedish. So feel free to leave your comments in those languages! I'd be happy to read them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...