Sunday, April 24, 2011

L'etoile Pâtisserie

Here comes my confession:

I have a bad habit that I prefer a sweet dessert than a meal.Well,sometimes I'd just have some cakes or tarts as my brunch.But that's just sometimes,cuz you know,if my mom knows that,she'd kill me.

So please do me favor,let's just keep this as a secret between you and me ; )

Speaking of getting anything tasty,distance is definitely not a problem for me.And I do believe one of my missions in my life is exploring dessert shops as much as possible.


L'etoile,which means "star" in French, is a French style dessert house in Taipei.I think that it's a brilliant idea to present delicate desserts by using a long platform instead of multidesk chilled display.When you choose the cakes,it's like you're selecting pieces of jewelries.


I linger in front of those tempting cakes and I can't decide which one to take.Surprisingly,the clerk starts taking out several samples for me to try.Aw!That's sweet!This is my first time seeing someone giving samples at a French dessert shop!That really helps me out!


After another moment of hesitation,I get "Cadeaux,"Progrès Poire-Caramel" and "Le Mont Blanc Inversê"
  • Cadeaux



Inside this present-looking cake,there're maple syrup cream mixed with carameled nuts,apricot and fig.Around the rich stuffing,it's sponge cake,and slathered with lemon Italian meringue.


If you like dessert,but you don't have a super sweet tooth,this one is just right for you. The sweetness of cream balances well with the sour of lemon meringue.


  • Progrès Poire-Caramel



It immediately grabs my attention when other glittering desserts wave their hands.It looks so interesting!Somehow,it makes me think of an accordion.The top and the bottom are two pieces of hazelnut flavoured dacquoise.In the middle of the dacquoise is caramel cream with pear.


You might be wondering what a dacquoise is.Basically,it's like backed egg white with almond flour.I also find a more exact definition from Wikipedia.


A dacquoise is a dessert cake made with layers of almond and hazelnut meringue and whipped cream or buttercream. It takes its name from the feminine form of the French word dacquois, meaning 'of Dax', a town in southwestern France. It is usually served chilled and accompanied by fruit. A particular form of the dacquoise is the marjolaine , which is long and rectangular and combines almond and hazelnut meringue layers with chocolate buttercream.The term dacquoise can also refer to the nut meringue layer itself.
It keeps a low profile in appearance;however,you have no idea how great it is till you taste the caramel and the dacquoise together.They're so compactable!And I'd rank it as the top among these three desserts.
  • Le Mont Blanc Inversê

It's kind of unconventional without drizzling with layers of chestnut cream.And the stuffing is kind of lame.No moist texture of chestnut,no aroma of grand marnier,I only taste the mashed apple.Isn't that weird?It supposed to play a supporting role!In fact,L'etoile is quite proud of inventing this untraditional mont blanc.I'm not sure if my negative comment  resultes from accidentally gettinga terrible one.





L'etoile Pâtisserie (Main)
Add:No.18,Alley 455, Lane 150,Sec. 5,Shin-Yi Rd,Taipei City
Tel:02-2345-7779


L'etoile Pâtisserie (Hankyu Department Store B2)
Add:B2,No. 8,Sec.5, Zhong Xiao E. Rd,Taipei City
Tel:02-2723-5001





2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and please don't hesitate to leave your comments ♥

I speak Chinese, English, French, Spanish and Swedish. So feel free to leave your comments in those languages! I'd be happy to read them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...