Monday, March 7, 2011

Valerie's Kitchen: Oatmeal & Rasin Cookies


My bestie Lisa makes the best cookies ever!I think she's the one who inspires me to bake.I don't know why, I just feel like cooking is much easier than baking.I asked Lisa to give me her oatmeal & chocolate cookies recipe like two years ago,but I just left it there and kept taking advantage of her.


Suddenly,I miss her cookies so bad,but she lives in another county now.Poor me!But I'm glad that I still keep the recipe, so I decide to make some today.


Since I can't find chocolate chip today,I replace it with rasin.

Recipe:


140 g salted butter
3.5 g baking soda
3.5 g baking powder
130 g cake flour
115 g sugar
1 egg
1 cup of oatmeal
1 cup of rasin
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Yield: 35 to 40 cookies


1. In a big bowl,cream the butter and sugar together until getting thick,then beat in the egg.


2.In another bowl,combine the flour,baking soda and baking powder.


3.Mix well the bowl one and bowl two.Then,add the oatmeal,rasin,and vanilla extract.


4.Bake at 175 degrees C for 10 minutes,or until cookies are a light brown.


5.Place into the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.


Yeah!This is my first time baking cookies.Most of the cookies are very crispy,but some of them are too moist.But I guess well begun is half done ; ) I guess all I have to do now is get some chocolate for the next baking!





1 comment:

  1. I love these cookies!! I made ones these cookies, and they tasted very good! :)

    www.thecabinetoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and please don't hesitate to leave your comments ♥

I speak Chinese, English, French, Spanish and Swedish. So feel free to leave your comments in those languages! I'd be happy to read them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...